Skip to main content

Waking life

While Waking life may not have been a comic or graphic novel this was certainly a movie that had stuck with me when we had watched part of it so I ended up watching this on my own time and let me say that I was not disappointed. This movie has so much to offer, I was blown away by some of the animation, however, that actually takes a back seat in my eyes for the writing is what truly got me hooked on this movie, every second of this movie you are just waiting to hear what they'll say next, it's profoundly dream-like and every second of it is a new experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival By Shaun Tan

The Arrival is a wonderful story with no words which beautifully depicts the struggle of the immigrant. Through masterful visual storytelling shaun tan is able to give the reader so much information, using a combination of iconic imagery and excellent world building he also achieves a whole different level of fascinating; Shaun Tan depicts a very strange world which is similar yet very different from ours, yet within it's own self-contained story it is able to communicate the same ideas effectively by creating some parallels to our own world. 

The Fifth Beatle

The Fifth Beatle was a rich captivating story which covered the incredible life of Brian Epstein-manager for the Beatles. The story is filled with rich story telling devices, utilizes its comic aspects, and encapsulates much of what a graphic novel should be. Before reading this story I had no idea who Brian Epstein was however afterwards I had found new respect for the man and cherished the legacy he left behind. In combination with having excellent art the novel has also got great design as well. This was definitely a novel I'd recommend to others and may even read again in the future